Over his nearly twenty year career, R. Todd Bennett has focused solely on Transportation and Logistics. Todd’s career experience began as a Certified Public Accountant in NY and has included 10 years of advisory services as an accountant and later as a principal in a major global strategy consultancy where he worked with middle market and Fortune 500 organizations. He has also worked in senior management at national and regional transportation providers including, most recently as, the CEO of a regional expedited trucking company. Todd has participated in several transactions as buyer, seller and advisor utilizing his expertise in brand building, exit partner identification, strategy and deal structure to help organizations maximize value.
Prior to joining Capital Alliance, Todd was the Chief Executive Officer and majority owner of Texas Land & Air Company, which, at the time, was the regional leader in expedited airfreight. Through Todd’s leadership, Texas Land & Air grew 50% in four years and successfully exited to a strategic buyer in the midst of the Great Recession. Additionally, Todd was a Principal at Oliver Wyman’s Transportation Practice, a Senior Manager at Accenture, as well as a Director in the Finance group at the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad.
Todd holds a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Economics from the State University of New York at Albany and an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Led team that acquired specialty transportation provider during peak of market for 3X EBITDA, grew it 50% in four years and exited to a strategic buyer for a significant premium during the Great Recession.
- For a large international parcel delivery company: acted as strategic CFO related to post merger integration of an acquired company. Led a team that assisted in generating nearly $1 billion of enterprise value.
Areas of Interest:
- LTL and TL Trucking
- Parcel & Package Delivery Companies
- Transportation Leasing Companies (particularly truck leasing)
- Short Line Railroads
- Third Party Logistics Companies
- Transportation and Distribution Service Companies, including Internet Companies