Bob's career in manufacturing, sales and service within the automotive, construction, energy, insurance, finance and other industries spans over thirty-five years. He spent fourteen years with ITT as President of various operations.
His wide-ranging background includes start-ups, expanding operations, new product implementation and business turnarounds. Bob tripled the cash availability and reduced bank borrowing significantly through stringent cash controls while with a manufacturing subsidiary of Tenneco. The start-up operations involved extremely high growth opportunities that needed experienced management to achieve their ultimate potential. Taking operations in a loss position to achieve acceptable rates of return has been his specialty. ITT Services was turned around and became the industry leader with a pretax income of 40% of sales. Bob has been CEO of firms doing business throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. He has been heavily involved in the direct sale of individual items valued at millions of dollars while with ITT International.
With a financial education and a vast amount of managerial expertise, Bob has the ability to analyze financial, sales, and operational performance. He earned a BS in Accounting from Mankato University and has served on various boards and as an officer of various professional organizations.
- Generated offers of over $125 million for a pharmaceutical client with annual revenue of $40M
- Sold a client in the coatings industry to the largest strategic buyer in the industry for significantly more than the client expected
- Sold a die casting client to the largest strategic buyer in the industry for a significant premium
- Sold a client in the packaging industry to the largest strategic buyer in the industry.
- Sold a food product client to a major industry buyer in an all cash closing transaction which significantly exceeded the client's expectations.
- Sold numerous other manufacturing and service companies